Across rolling hills, high atop snow-covered mountains, low, 'neath the seas' churning waves, lie awakened runestones. Scattered across these untamed lands the wonderous magical beings lie in wait, hoping to be discovered; hoping to share their power with the few they deem worthy.
The wanderers called Runeslingers bare the mighty gift of runesight, the ability to commune with a runestone and in turn, receive its powers in the form of a runespell.
- Utility runespells cannot deal damage, but have numerous other effects, such as drawing cards, enhancing your other runespells, or interrupting your opponent's actions.
- Spirit runespells deal damage to any target of your choosing. This affords them tremendous versatility as they can destroy your opponent's defense cards, or deal damage directly to the enemy Runeslinger.
- Attack Runespells can apply ailments with the damage they deal to Runeslingers, at the cost of only being able to target Runeslingers (however, certain effects can allow your attack runespells to also target defense cards!).
- Boons protect a Runeslinger from all forms of malady. Ailments concealed by a boon lose their strength, lying dormant until that boon is destroyed.
- Trinkets are novel items enhanced. Magically infused, they provide immense strength to those who can wield and control their power.
- Chants are power spells that linger; some of them charge up, gaining power over time, while others offer bonus effects, like stealing cards or boosting Runeslinger stats.
Many more valuable defense cards and runespells will be added to the Runeslingers and the Practory as they are discovered. Each passing day, Runeslingers find more Runestones, some still laying hidden in plain sight!